Did you schedule a service call or maintenance? Before our experts arrive at your home to service your plumbing, heating, generator or air-conditioning system, take a moment to make sure you’re prepared for the appointment. That way, you can ensure our expert technician has all of the information he or she needs, and can get your system back into top-performing condition.
Here are a few things to do in preparation for your service appointment:
- Know where all of the units in your heating and cooling system are located.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tactics.
- Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
- Write down the model numbers of all your products.
- Be ready to explain clearly what symptoms or problems you’ve had.
- Know how long ago your problem began.
- Make sure the system is accessible to the tech.
- If your system’s products are in an attic or crawl space, please make it easily accessible.
- Lock pets in a separate room so they don’t get in the way or get hurt.
- Make sure there’s an adult (18 or over) home to legally allow entry to your home.
- Be prepared to answer the phone. Many techs will call confirming the appointment.
- If you rent your home, make sure you have your landlord’s permission for all services.
- If your heat pump or air conditioner is frozen, shut it off so it’s thawed and ready for service.
- Make available a file containing information on all prior services performed on your system.
- Be prepared to make a payment to the tech.